Zinger Deluxe Aluminum Dog Travel Crate
Zinger aluminum dog crates are designed to be the most secure and safest of any crate. The door features a double slam latch for added security and can be reversed to open left or right. Zinger crates are constructed to provide your dog with the utmost in comfort, safety, and security. Unlike plastic or wire mesh crates which bend, crack or break, Zinger builds crates using aircraft-grade aluminum and are designed to last a lifetime.
The Deluxe Series is perfect for pets that require the extra security of an aluminum construction versus the typical plastic or wire crates. Of all the Zinger crates, the Deluxe line is by far the lightest: Making them the best choice for owners who have to move their crates often. While the Deluxe series is the least expensive Zinger crates available, make no mistake in their strength and durability. Like all Zinger crates, the Deluxe series is built to last.
Door Configuration - Choose from 5 options to best meet your needs, pick the best option that works for you. All doors are reversible and can open to either the left or the right.
- Front Entry
- Side Entry
- Front/Back Entry
- Front/Side Entry
- Side/Side Entry
*Please Note: Double door options are considered "custom" and not eligible for returns. All Zinger crates come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty
This Crate is NOT Airline Travel Approved - See our Zinger Airline Approved Crate Here
ZINGER Crate Video Overview
ZINGER Deluxe Crate Features
- Strong & Lightweight - Zinger aluminum dog crates offer incredible strength at one third the weight of steel. Unlike plastic and wire crates which easily crack and bend and need to be frequently replaced, Zinger crates are built to last a lifetime! For security reasons, all ZINGER lock and mounting hardware are made from stainless steel to provide exceptional security and eliminate the risk of rust or corrosion.
- Solid Doors – Reinforced with solid bars and welded for extra strength the door is built to last. A full-length piano hinge and striker plate is standard and the door can be easily reversed to allow left or right-hand opening.
- Aluminum Construction – ZINGER crates are constructed from lightweight aircraft grade aluminum which is known for its durability and strength. Aluminum crates are perfect for dogs who often destroy or break out of plastic and wire crates. While built to be strong and secure, Zinger crates are light enough to be handled by one person with little effort.
- Ventilation – A Zinger crate is fully vented down each side and along the back wall to provide maximum comfort for your dog. Our open design allows air to pass freely thru the door aided by the triple rows of lower and upper vent holes which surround the crate. By its very nature aluminum quickly dissipates heat making it a great material to construct dog crates provided there are enough air holes. Lots of adequate venting ensures your dog will remain safe while in its crate.
- Locking Slam Latch – Each door comes with a flush mounted paddle lock which is keyed for added security while you are away from the crate. Rest assured that someone cannot simply open the crate and walk away with your dog. Made from strong "stainless steel" for durability and to prevent corrosion.
- Beautiful Finish – ZINGER crates are finished in a durable “Silver Hammertone” powder coat both inside and out. By powder coating the inside as well as the outside it protects your dogs coat from discoloration (coat discoloration is common when a dog sits in an untreated aluminum crate). This will not happen in a Zinger crate.
- Modular Design – All ZINGER crates can be coupled side by side or stacked atop one another to form multiple dog crate systems or kennel banks.
Zinger Model Comparison Chart
Below is our models sizing and features chart. Please click on the "Sizing" tab at the top to find the correct sized crate for your dog.
To compare all Zinger models View our Complete Model Comparison Chart Here
|Dimensions||21"w x 24"H x 30"L||24"W x 28"H x 36"L||24"W x 30"H x 38"L||28"W x 32"H x 40"L|
|Recommended For:||Smaller Dogs||Medium Dogs||Medium-Large Dogs||Medium-Large Dogs|
|Breed Examples:||Australian Shepards, Beagles, Collies||Labradors, Golden Retrievers||German Shepherds, Chesapeake Bays, Bully breeds||Boxers, Mastifs, Huskys|
|Keyed Slam Lock||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Deluxe vs Profession Comparison
The differences between the Deluxe models and the Professional crates has to do mainly with its heavy duty door construction. On any crate the door is consistently the weakest point and "Houdini" dogs typically target this area in their attempt to escape. In the Professional series, we have reinforced the door with extra bars, welds and bracing. As an added layer of security in the Professional series, we have added a secondary locking plate and carry handles for each transport. Each door has a full-length piano hinge and can be mounted to open left or right. The Professional line of aluminum dog boxes are designed to be the most secure and safest of the Zinger crates. View our Complete Model Comparison Chart Here
1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Zinger Sport Dog Gear Inc. (manufacturer) warrants that all hardware, powder coating, and structural panel components shall remain in good operational and structural condition for a period of one year from date of purchase. Warranty does not include metal and paint damage from the dog scratching, biting, drooling, urination, etc
90 Day "No Escape" Manufacturer Warranty
Our Airline Approved, Professional and Heavy Duty Series Crates feature a 90 Day, "No Escape" Warranty. The 90 days is usually enough to find out if the dog will remain contained. This warranty does not cover escape caused by improper assembly or use of the crate. This warranty ensures that we will work to see if we can rectify any issue to contain the dog, and if not we will refund the purchase price. Any refund that may be offered would be subject to our restocking fees and less shipping.
Use instructions and diagrams below to properly measure your dog:
Correct crated sizing is very important, especially if you are planning to travel with your pet on an airline. As a general guide, when the dog is standing in a normal relaxed position the crate should measure 3 inches above the top of his head. A good rule of thumb is to see your dog comfortably stand up and turn around in the crate.
STEP 1: Measure your dog based on the diagram below
A = length of the animal from tip of the nose to the base of the tail.
B = height of the animal when standing, from top of head (or ears, whichever is higher) to the floor - ears must not touch the top of the kennel when standing.
C = width at the widest point.
STEP 2: Calculate the size of the crate needed for your dog
The length of the kennel must be equal to A + 4".
The height of the kennel must be equal to or greater than B + 3".
The width of the kennel must be equal to C x 2.
Zinger Sizing Chart
|Dimensions||21"w x 24"H x 30"L||24"W x 28"H x 36"L||24"W x 30"H x 38"L||28"W x 32"H x 40"L|
|Recommended For:||Smaller Dogs||Medium Dogs||Medium-Large Dogs||Medium-Large Dogs|
|Breed Examples:||Australian Shepards, Beagles, Collies||Labradors, Golden Retrievers||German Sheperds, Chesapeake Bays, Bully breeds||Boxers, Mastifs, Huskys|
*Some helpful hints when measuring your dog:
Hold the measuring tape in one hand and place the free end at the front edge of your dog’s nose pulling it straight back to the base of his tail. This will give you the length measurement for your dog. You will need to add three (3) inches to allow the dog room to turn around in the crate.
Place the tape at the top of the shoulder and measure down to the floor to get a proper height measurement. Add Three (3) inches to give the dog plenty of room if he wants to stand up.
Be sure to estimate your dog’s adult size if you order his crate while he is still growing. You can check his breed standard to get an estimate of what size he will reach at maturity to make sure your crate is large enough.
Proper measuring will assure that your pet can comfortably stand, sit, turn around, and lie down in his cage.
If you have any additional questions regarding the proper size crate or model for your dog please Contact Us, we have experts ready to help!
User Manual Download & Assembly Video
Click to download the user manual:
ZINGER Deluxe/Professional User Manual PDF Download
- Assembly normally takes 30 - 60 min
- Requires only an adjustable wrench and a Phillips screwdriver
- Have a helper available to speed up the process
ZINGER Products Ship via FedEx Ground from Ontario
- Items normally ship within 1-2 business days after order is placed.
- Side-Entry option is custom and can take 5-7 days to build.
- If your item is delayed or not in stock, we will contact you directly.
- Use the map below to estimate transit time to your location after shipment.
We do our best to ship FAST and make it easy for you. At the top of this page, we have noted how long it normally takes to process and ship your order with estimated delivery times. We will send you an email confirmation with the tracking number as soon as your order ships.
Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Things don't always work out, we get it. We'll do our very best to make your return simple and easy. Please email us and we'll provide all the return instructions for your specific item and an RMA number (required).
Please see our Return Policy for complete details.
- Why should I buy a ZINGER Crate?
- I have heard that untreated bare aluminum can turn dogs coats a silver or grey color. Will this happen with a Zinger crate?
- Are Zinger crates airline approved? Do they conform to IATA 82 standards?
- How do I adjust the locking door latch to give me the most secure rattle free fit?
- How large does the crate need to be in order to be airline approved?
- Will Zinger aluminum crate be too hot for my dog in the summer?
- When I order a crate, how long does it take to ship out?
- I have two dogs that I want to transport in my vehicle, do you have a double crate?
- The crates I see at most pet stores are weak and flimsy. My dog can get through these flimsy doors. What makes the Zinger crates and doors stronger?
- Will this crate fit into my car?
- My dog gets bored and tends to be destructive while in a crate. Is there anything inside a Zinger crate that can hurt my dog?
- I want to access my dog from both ends of the crate, can I get a back door added?
- Can I have the door open from the left or the right?
- I have an "escape artist" dog who escapes from every crate we have bought for you. Will a Zinger crate keep my Houdini from escaping?
- Is there any assembly required when I receive my crate?
- Is there a warranty provided and what does it cover?
- Have the Zinger crates been crash tested?
- The door will not slam shut, I have to pull the bolt back to close, is this normal?
1.) Why should I buy a ZINGER Crate?
Our dogs are an important part of our family's lives and thus need to be provided with the utmost of care and treatment. Zinger crates provide the highest level of safety and security whether it's being utilized it for house use, airline travel or just getting around town. A Zinger crate is a heavy-duty dog crate constructed from lightweight aluminum. Zinger aluminum dog crates offer incredible strength at one third the weight of steel. Unlike plastic and wire crates that easily crack and bend and need to be frequently replaced, Zinger crates are built to last a lifetime and to safely contain your dog.
2.) I have heard that untreated bare aluminum can turn dogs coats a silver or grey color. Will this happen with a Zinger crate?
No this will not happen with a Zinger crate. Coat discoloration is common when a dog sits in an untreated aluminum crate. ZINGER crates are finished in a durable baked-on Silver Hammertone
3.) Are Zinger crates airline approved? Do they conform to IATA 82 standards?
Yes, you can find our Airline Approved Crate here. Or if you have purchased a Zinger crate you can make it airline compliant by installing our optional "Airline Travel Package" the crate can be used to ship a dog by air. ZINGER crates exceed the strength and ventilation requirements by most airlines. Strong aluminum crates will not bust or be broken by rough handling or shifting cargo loads thereby safe guarding your dog on route. When shipped in a Zinger crate your dog is protected. Note: While most airlines follow the international standards set out by the IATA 82 rules, some may have specific requirements and limitations that may affect the transportation of your dog. Always check with your airline to determine their exact requirements.
4.) How do I adjust the locking door latch to give me the most secure rattle-free fit?
Please watch the video below on how to properly install and adjust the lock
5.) How large does the crate need to be in order to be airline approved?
While each airline may have their own size requirements most follow the IATA 82 standard. This standard rule of thumb is that when the dog is standing in a normal relaxed position the crate should measure 2 inches above the top of his head and 2 inches longer than the measurement from nose to base of the tail. The width of the crate should measure 1.5 times the width of the dog at its widest point but this measurement typically does not come into play as most crates are much wider than this. A visual indicator for the airline attendants who are in charge of getting your dog onto the plane is that they are able to see your dog comfortably stand up and turn around in the crate. Always check with your airline carrier be for you fly to ensure you understand all of their requirements. See our post about airline travel with your dog to learn more.
6.) Will Zinger aluminum crate be too hot for my dog in the summer?
By its very nature aluminum quickly dissipates heat making it a great material to construct dog crates provided there is enough ventilation. A Zinger crate is fully vented down each side and along the back wall to provide maximum airflow and comfort for your dog. The open design allows air to pass freely through the door aided by the triple rows of lower and upper vent holes that surround the crate. Lots of adequate venting ensures your dog will remain safe while in its crate.
7.) When I order a crate, how long does it take to ship out?
Our Deluxe and Professional sized crates are typically in stock and can ship within 24 hours. If your order is time-sensitive it is best to contact us directly to ensure we can meet your delivery target. For Heavy Duty and custom orders, it can take 2-8 weeks to build. For custom, quotes give us a call.
8.) I have two dogs that I want to transport in my vehicle, do you have a double crate?
Zinger crates can be easily coupled together in a side by side design. The unique modular design of Zinger crates allows you to assemble a kennel bank of multiple crates side by side and atop of each other.
9.) The crates I see at most pet stores are weak and flimsy. My dog can get through these flimsy doors. What makes the Zinger crate doors stronger?
The door of a Zinger crate is constructed using solid 3/8" vertical round bars and reinforced with 3/4" x 3/4" horizontal supports. Each bar is welded at each through-hull for extra strength. A full-length piano hinge and the stainless steel locking latch is standard on all models. The doors on a Zinger crate are the strongest and have the most ventilation you can find on any crate in the market.
10.) Will this crate fit in my car?
You will need to carefully measure your vehicle to determine if the crate's dimensions will fit through your vehicles openings. The measurement of each crate is provided on the description tab. We are here to answer your questions so feel free to call our experienced staff if you require help.
11.) My dog gets bored and tends to be destructive while in a crate. Is there anything inside a Zinger crate that can hurt my dog?
Zinger crates are designed from the inside out with the understanding that a dog who is determined to escape will bite, scratch and claw at the inside of the crate. Because of this, Zinger has minimized as much as possible any edges and trouble spots on the inside of the crate that a dog may focus on. The well being of your dog is our most important concern.
12.) I want to access my dog from both ends of the crate, can I get a back door added?
Yes, we offer several models with 2 door and 3 door configurations. This feature is handy for accessing the dog from different points of your vehicle or home. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us, and we'll work to get you exactly what you need.
13.) Can I have the door open from the left or the right?
Yes, the doors are reversible so you can change the opening from left to right, and visa versa, by simply changing the stainless steel mounting screws. It takes about 10 - 15 minutes to make this change.
14.) I have an "escape artist" dog who escapes from every crate we have bought for him. Will a Zinger crate keep my Houdini from escaping?
Yes, but for that determined escape artist, we recommend you get the Professional of Heavy Duty series. While our standard Deluxe model is an extremely strong and secure crate the Pro and HD series comes with a 90 Day Cannot Escape Warranty to give you the assurance that your dog will stay contained.
15.) Is there any assembly required when I receive my crate?
assembly is required, it normally takes approximately 30 - 60 minutes to assemble. Common tools such as an adjustable wrench and a Phillips screwdriver is all that is needed. All hardware is provided and no drilling is needed. A helper is recommended to help speed up the assembly. Please see our "Assembly" tab for instruction download and videos.
16.) Is there a warranty provided and what does it cover?
Zinger Sport Dog Gear Inc. warrants that all hardware, powder coating, and structural panel components shall remain in good operational and structural condition for a period of one year from date of purchase. Warranty does not include metal and paint damage from the dog scratching, biting, or drooling. Due to hygiene restrictions, no used crate can be returned.
17.) Have the Zinger crates been crash tested?
No, the Zinger crates have not been crash-tested. However, there is no denying the strength of the Zinger aluminum crates. They are designed to be structurally solid compartments to provide a safe rigid container for your dog. In a vehicle crash, much of the risk is the dog who is not restrained and hitting other object or passengers in the car, having your dog in a secured crate greatly reduces this risk.
18.) The door will not slam shut, I have to pull the lever open to shut, is this normal?
Yes, this is normal. The manufacturer does NOT recommend trying to slam the doors shut. Please watch the manufacturer's video regarding the proper use of the lock and door latch.
Wow, I can't believe I waited so long to get this crate. Our GSD destroyed our 2 previous crates and a lot of stuff. After getting this crate it has all stopped. Don't wait, just get it!
Fabulous customer service! All questions were promptly answered. The crates were sent our and received within a week. I highly recommend AdeoPets!
We wasted money on 3 cheaper crates before finally getting it right with this one. Our dog broke all the other crats and was getting out and hurting himself. We've had the Zinger crate for a month now and now more escapes. Can't say enough good about this crate. Save your money and buy right the first done, don't look back. Very happy!
Very strong crate, our little (not so little) GSD no longer gets out. Safe at last!
Absolutely the nicest crate for our little darling. We call it, "Fort Knox".