Hale SpringTech Horizontal Window Mounted Dog and Cat Door
Hale Pet Doors are the leader in the Dog and Cat Door industry, constructed of only high-quality strong aluminum in the USA. Hale Pet Doors are an investment designed to last a lifetime of daily use by your pet. Hale Pet Doors also have the best in industry insulation rating saving you money every month. Don't waste your money on cheap imitations that will need to be replaced after only a few months.
Hale SpringTech Horizontal Window Model
The Hale SpringTech Horizontal Window Model is designed to fit into almost any window that slides open and closed horizontally whether single or double hung. It is spring loaded making it our easiest model to install and to remove if necessary; however, due to the spring mechanism, it has the least amount of visible glass of our window models.
Each window is custom manufactured to your specific measurements so no cutting is required. Designed to fit window tracks 7/8” and larger but can be factory modified to fit tracks as narrow as ½”. The design accepts only a side load security cover. NOTE: The size of the pet door may be limited by the size of your window and the extent to which it will open. Due to the custom nature of this product, it can take 2 weeks to manufacture.
SpringTech Window vs Omni Window
Both the SpringTech and the Omni Model work in horizontal sliding windows. The SpringTech is spring loaded making it the easiest window model to install and remove, it also has the least amount of visible glass area. The Omni is pressure fit for a tighter more permanent installation making it a very secure door. Both are custom made to fit your window.
- Flap Size: The Door Model is available in 12 standard sizes shown in the chart below. For detailed sizing instructions, See Measuring Guide for more details.
- Flap Type: Our Door Model comes standard with double flaps for improved insulation and energy efficiency. In some situations (i.e. installing in an interior door) you may choose to install a single flap model. If you do choose a single flap, it will be installed on the exterior frame of your pet door.
- Frame Color: Arizona Beige -- hard coat paint, looks like coffee with a couple of creamers added. Brushed Aluminum -- anodized metal, satin nickel color, looks like the bottom of a Coke can. Dark Bronze -- anodized metal, chocolate brown, looks almost black in dimmer light. White -- white hard coat paint
- Overall Height Window(A): We do not need this measurement to manufacture your door as the height is determined by the size of the pet door you request in your window unit. However, we would like to verify that there is enough room for the requested pet door size before manufacturing your window unit. See Measuring Guide for more details
- Overall Width of Window(B): The overall width of the window should be measured in the sliding track from the inside of one vertical side track and flush with the inner face of the opposite vertical side track or window frame. Do not measure inside both tracks or the window unit will be too wide. Do not measure flush on both ends or the window unit will be too narrow. See Measuring Guide for more details
- Width of Window Track (C): Our standard window insert will fit into window tracks 7/8" or greater. If your track measures between 1/2" and 7/8", the window insert will need to be factory modified to fit into the channel. We provide this service at no additional charge to you if you provide us the measurement of your window tracks when ordering. See Measuring Guide for more details.
- Optional Training Flap ($30): The training flap is made of a similar material to our regular flap but it has no strikes and has been vertically slashed several times to make it very easy to push through. It should only be used until your pet is used to using the door.
- Optional Low E ($195): Low E coating is an optional addon if desired. Low E is a coating applied to the glass to reduce heat. It is untinted and reduces the heat entering through the glass while still allowing the light to come in.
- Optional Tint ($50): Tint is a color coating applied to the glass to reduce heat. Tint changes with glass thickness and other variables and cannot be guaranteed as to color or darkness. Available in Gray (usually for business settings) and Bronze (usually for residential settings).
- *Shipping Note: As this is custom made, manufacturing time can take 2 weeks or more
- *Returns Notes: As this is custom made, any returns are credited 50% of purchase price towards a replacement door
Click here to view our SpringTech Vertical Window Measuring Guide
|Size||Passage Opening||Rough Opening||Outside Frame Dimensions||Shoulder Height||Pet Width||Pet Weight||Breed Example|
|Small||5 1/2" w x 7 1/2" h||7 3/8" w x 9 3/8" h||8 3/8" w x 10 3/8" h||Up to 7"||Up to 4"||Up to 8 lbs.||
Cats (only very small)
|Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 9 1/2" h||8 1/2" w x 11 1/2" h||9 9/16" w x 12 9/16" h||9" - 13"||Up to 5"||6-12 lbs||
Most Cats, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Mini Poodle
|Tall Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||8 1/2" w x 14 1/2" h||9 9/16" w x 15 3/8" h||12" - 15"||Up to 5"||12-25 lbs||
Mini Pinscher, Some Terriers, Maltese
|Medium||8 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||10 1/2" w x 14 1/2" h||11 9/16" w x 15 3/8" h||12" - 15"||Up to 8"||10-35 lbs||
Terriers, Pug, Corgi, Shiba Inu
|Tall Medium||8 1/2" w x 16" h||10 1/2" w x 18" h||11 9/16" w x 19 1/16" h||15" - 20"||Up to 8"||30-45 lbs||
Cocker Spaniel, Sheltie, Beagle
|Large||11" w x 16" h||13" w x 18" h||14 1/16" w x 19 1/16" h||15" - 20"||Up to 10"||40-55 lbs||
Basset, Chow, Keeshond, Husky
|Tall Large||11" w x 19 1/2" h||13" w x 21 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 22 9/16" h||21" - 24"||Up to 10"||50-95 lbs lbs||
German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever
|Tall Large Plus||11" w x 23 1/2" h||13" w x 25 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 26 9/16" h||25" - 27"||Up to 10"||Up to 110 lbs||
Standard Poodle, Irish Setter, Greyhound
|Extra Tall Large||11" w x 27 1/2" h||13" w x 29 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 30 9/16" h||25" - 31"||Up to 10"||Up to 120 lbs||
Afghan, Irish Wolfhound, Borzoi
|Extra Large||14" w x 19 1/2" h||16" w x 21 5/8" h||17 1/16" w x 22 9/16" h||22" - 24"||Up to 13"||Up to 120 lbs||
Rottweiler, Akita, Bulldog
|Extra Large Plus||14" w x 23 1/2" h||16" w x 25 5/8" h||17 1/16" w x 26 9/16" h||25" - 27"||Up to 13"||Up to 150 lbs||
St. Bernard, Newfoundland
|Giant||15 1/2" w x 27 1/2" h||17 5/8" w x 29 5/8" h||18 9/16" w x 30 9/16" h||25" - 31"||Up to 14"||Most Giant Breeds||
Great Dane, Mastiff, Great Pyrenees
Why Choose a Hale Pet Door:
- Durability - unlike cheaper plastic doors, Hale Pet Doors are built using extruded aluminum with steel reinforced corners making them stronger and more durable than others. The flaps are made using a high quilty PVC vinyl which outlasts cheaper altern
- Security & Safety - Each pet door comes with an impact and fire resistant polymer security cover to intruders out and your home safe and secure. The cover is secured directly to the frame preventing the lock from being opened from the outside (unlike other pet doors).
- Energy Efficient - Each panel is made from double-pane insulated glass. Ultra strong magnets, weather-resistant double flaps and all around nylon weather stripping provide industry-leading energy efficiency in the harshest hot and cold climates.
- Easy to Install/Remove - No drilling of holes or screwing is required making it perfect for renters and temporary applications.
- Warranty & Support - All Hale Pet Door include a comprehensive 5-Year "No-Fault" Warranty (see warranty tab for details). Experienced technicians are available to for consultation as needed to assist with installation.
- Made in the USA - All Hale Pet Doors are hand built in the USA to the highest quality standards and attention to detail.
Hale Pet Doors offers a 5-Year No Fault Warranty on all pet doors. Hale Pet Doors guarantees and warrants that products and component parts shall be free from any defects in material and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door models is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. Hale Pet Doors agrees to exchange or repair at the companies expense, any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to factory inspection. Some restrictions apply, please see complete Hale Pet Door Warranty for details.
PET DOOR SPECIFICATIONS:
Flaps: Double flaps (one flap on each frame) made of flexible 3/16” clear PVC vinyl.
Inner Frame: Inner frame made of two separate metal extrusions. Three sides entrap the security cover. Both metals are .063” wall thickness.
Outer Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063” wall thickness. Designed to sleeve into the inside frame.
Alnico5 Magnets: A ¼” rod magnet 1 ½” long made from an aluminum, nickel and cobalt alloy known for strength & durability. Door size determines number of magnets.
Strikes: Made of ferrous stainless steel. 1 ½” long, ¾” tall and 1/32” thick. U shaped with interior prongs, when squeezed onto the vinyl flap, the barbed prongs hold firmly.
Weather stripping: Flap is surrounded by ½” black nylon pile for maximum insulation. Nylon is woven into a backing 9/32” wide and 1/32” thick.
Security Cover: 1/4” thick King Starboard® polymer sheet. Extremely shock and impact resistant. Has a 3/8” diameter locking hole.
Cover Handle: A lightweight zinc alloy cabinet knob pull type handle in a satin nickel finish that is 25/32” wide, 19/32” tall and 53/64” deep with a 1/2” deep and 21/32” wide finger hole. It is attached to the cover with a 12 mm long zinc coated steel flat head Philips screw with a .70 thread size that is countersunk to prevent scratching the frame.
Pin Lock: A ¼” diameter positive action steel pin encased with 5/32” thick fabricated plated steel.
Frame: Designed to fit into a window track 7/8" or wider but can be factory modified to fit tracks as small as 1/2".
Spring Expansion: Springs within the spring expansion area force this end of the unit outward causing the window model to fit snugly into the window track.
Springs: Two to four springs (depending on the unit size) each 5" long and 7/16" outside diameter. Each spring consists of 24 coils of spring wire .042" in diameter.
Glass: Double pane 1/2" insulated tempered glass standard.
Pile Weather Stripping: Both side edges of window unit contain dense 5/16” gray nylon pile weather stripping. Nylon is woven into a .270 wide and 1/32” thick nylon backing.
Vinyl Weather stripping: Unit also comes with extra length of 1 7/8” x 1/16” black vinyl weather stripping to attach to back edge of your window to prevent air leakage.
Hale Pet Doors Ship from Colorado via FedEx Ground
- Door and Wall models normally take 2-3 business days to prepare and assemble for shipment
- All other models normally take 5-10 business days to build and assemble before shipment.
- If your item is delayed beyond this we will let you know
We do our best to ship FAST and make it easy for you. At the top of this page, we have noted how long it normally takes to process and ship your order. You can then use the map above to estimate delivery times. We will send you an email confirmation with the tracking number as soon as your order ships
Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Things don't always work out, we get it. We'll do our very best to make your return simple and easy. Please email us and we'll provide all the return instructions for your specific item and an RMA number (required).
Please see our Return Policy for complete details.
Click below to download the Installation Manual
SpringTech Window Model - Installation Guide
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do Hale Pet Doors cost more than other brands?
Hale pet doors are made with the highest quality workmanship and of the finest materials available. We use only extruded aluminum framing, pvc vinyl flaps and King Starboard® security covers. Because these materials are superior, the pet doors are much heavier for greater strength and durability.
What is the difference between Single and Double flaps?
Double flap mounts increase resistance to extreme weather. These are great options for blazing summer and snowy winters. While a Hale single flap can do the job of some double flap models, the additional vinyl can safeguard from wind and single-digit temperatures.
Can I lock my pet door?
Absolutely. All of our pet doors (except the screen model) come standard with a King Starboard® security cover. Starboard is manufactured for marine applications and is virtually indestructible. This cover can be locked into place with our steel positive action pin lock to make your pet door virtually impregnable.
What prevents insects, rodents or other animals from getting inside?
Hale pet doors are designed to seal very tightly. We use heavy pile weather stripping and strong alnico magnets. Therefore, insects and small animals cannot push their way in through the pet door. Since the flaps are also sealed and do not hang open, larger animals do not see an opening to get started. Most animals need a little conditioning to get used to using a pet door and won’t push against something that isn’t already open. We recommend keeping all food and water away from the area of the pet door, either inside or outside the house, so unwanted animals are not even attracted to the area in the first place. If you have further security or animal intrusion concerns, we offer a full line of security products to complement our pet doors.
Can I add or remove magnets?
Yes, you can attach and remove magnets. Removing magnets makes it easier for smaller pets to push through. With a screwdriver head, you can push the magnets off the flap. Adding magnets is a great way to combat weather as well.
Do I install my pet door by myself?
With their self-framing design, our pet doors are designed to be extremely easy to install. If you have a basic working knowledge of power tools and home repairs, our doors can easily be installed in most applications by any do-it-yourselfer. We have also provided installation instructions for download on this website and we have experienced technicians available for free telephone consultation if desired. Of course, if you don’t want to install your own pet door, we have a large network of franchises and dealers across the country who would be happy to assist you. Feel free to contact us for a reference.
How do I install the carpet for this door?
First, measure and trim the carpet to match your tunnel's width. You can use common construction glue to keep the carpet in place. Then, you can apply the adhesive to firmly lock the carpet against the tunnel.
How do I adjust the tunnel sleeve length to fit my wall length?
The tunnel sleeve is made of aluminum, and will either be 10" or 16" in length. Once you measure the exact length of your wall, you will then have to cut the aluminum with metal snips according to size. You can discard the extra material left over.