Hale Omni Vertical Window Mounted Dog and Cat Door - for Sash Windows
Hale Pet Doors are the leading manufacturer in premium Dog and Cat Doors and are designed to last a lifetime. Don't waste your money on cheap imitations that will need to be replaced after only a few months of use.
Hale Omni Vertical Window Model
The "Vertical Omni Window™ Model" has a horizontal design to allow it to fit into almost any window that slides open and closed vertically whether single or double hung. It has been engineered to be easily installed and easily removed if necessary. It is pressure fit making for a tighter, more permanent installation, and making it more secure than our OptiView or SpringTech window models.
Each window model is custom manufactured to your specific measurements fitting windows up to 60" and has an adjustment range of 3” so no cutting is required. These units are designed to fit window tracks 7/8” and larger but can be factory modified to fit tracks as narrow as ½”. The size of the pet door may be limited by the size of your window and the extent to which it will open. In addition, if your window opening is large enough, we will provide a custom size Omni Lock Bar to use should you wish to secure your window. Due to the custom nature of this product, it can take 2 weeks to manufacture.
Made in the USA and comes with a 5-year factory warranty.
Omni Window vs SpringTech Window
Both the Omni and the SpringTech work in vertical sliding windows. The Omni is pressure fit for a tighter more permanent installation making it a very secure door. The SpringTech is spring loaded making it the easiest window model to install and remove, it also has the least amount of visible glass area. Both are custom made to fit your window.
- Flap Size: The Door Model is available in 12 standard sizes shown in the chart below. For detailed sizing instructions, See Measuring Guide for more details.
- Flap Type: Our Door Model comes standard with double flaps for improved insulation and energy efficiency. In some situations (i.e. installing in an interior door) you may choose to install a single flap model. If you do choose a single flap, it will be installed on the exterior frame of your pet door.
- Frame Color: Arizona Beige -- hard coat paint, looks like coffee with a couple of creamers added. Brushed Aluminum -- anodized metal, satin nickel color, looks like the bottom of a Coke can. Dark Bronze -- anodized metal, chocolate brown, looks almost black in dimmer light. White -- white hard coat paint
- Overall Width of Window(A): The overall width of the window should be measured in the sliding track from the inside of one vertical side track and flush with the inner face of the opposite vertical side track or window frame. Do not measure inside both tracks or the window unit will be too wide. Do not measure flush on both ends or the window unit will be too narrow. See Measuring Guide for more details
- Overall Height Window(B): We do not need this measurement to manufacture your door as the height is determined by the size of the pet door you request in your window unit. However, we would like to verify that their is enough room for the requested pet door size before manufacturing your window unit. See Measuring Guide for more details.
- Width of Window Track (C): Our standard window insert will fit into window tracks 7/8" or greater. If your track measures between 1/2" and 7/8", the window insert will need to be factory modified to fit into the channel. We provide this service at no additional charge to you if you provide us the measurement of your window tracks when ordering. See Measuring Guide for more details
- Distance Behind Closed Window (D): Measure from the top of the sliding window when it is completely closed to the bottom of the top window jamb. Please write in the total height and we will do a conversion at the factory to determine how long your lock bar should be based on the size of pet door you are ordering. NOTE: The smallest effective Omni Lock Bar we can manufacture is 15".
- Pet Door Installed On: From inside your house looking out choose the side of the window panel you prefer the doot to be on (Left or Right) the remaining space will be glass. For example: choose "left side", your pet door will be constructed with the pet door on the left side and the window glass filling the remaining space on the right side.
- Optional Training Flap ($30): The training flap is made of a similar material to our regular flap but it has no strikes and has been vertically slashed several times to make it very easy to push through. It should only be used until your pet is used to using the door.
- Optional Low E ($195): Low E coating is an optional addon if desired. Low E is a coating applied to the glass to reduce heat. It is untinted and reduces the heat entering through the glass while still allowing the light to come in.
- Optional Tint ($50): Tint is a color coating applied to the glass to reduce heat. Tint changes with glass thickness and other variables and cannot be guaranteed as to color or darkness. Available in Gray (usually for business settings) and Bronze (usually for residential settings).
- *Shipping Note: As this is custom made, manufacturing time can take 2 weeks or more
- *Returns Notes: As this is custom made, any returns are credited 50% of purchase price towards a replacement door
Click here to view our Omni Vertical Window Measuring Guide
|Size||Passage Opening||Rough Opening||Outside Frame Dimensions||Shoulder Height||Pet Width||Pet Weight||Breed Example|
5 1/2" w x 7 1/2" h
7 3/8" w x 9 3/8" h
8 3/8" w x 10 3/8" h
Up to 7"
Up to 4"
Up to 8 lbs.
Cats (only very small)
|Small Medium||6 1/2" w x 9 1/2" h||8 1/2" w x 11 1/2" h||9 9/16" w x 12 9/16" h||9" - 13"||
Up to 5"
Most Cats, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Mini Poodle
|Tall Small Medium||
6 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h
8 1/2" w x 14 1/2" h
9 9/16" w x 15 3/8" h
|12" - 15"||
Up to 5"
Mini Pinscher, Some Terriers, Maltese
|Medium||8 1/2" w x 12 1/2" h||10 1/2" w x 14 1/2" h||11 9/16" w x 15 3/8" h||12" - 15"||
Up to 8"
Terriers, Pug, Corgi, Shiba Inu
|Tall Medium||8 1/2" w x 16" h||10 1/2" w x 18" h||11 9/16" w x 19 1/16" h||15" - 20"||
Up to 8"
Cocker Spaniel, Sheltie, Beagle
|Large||11" w x 16" h||13" w x 18" h||14 1/16" w x 19 1/16" h||15" - 20"||
Up to 10"
Basset, Chow, Keeshond, Husky
|Tall Large||11" w x 19 1/2" h||13" w x 21 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 22 9/16" h||21" - 24"||
Up to 10"
|50-95 lbs lbs||
German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever
|Tall Large Plus||11" w x 23 1/2" h||13" w x 25 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 26 9/16" h||25" - 27"||
Up to 10"
|Up to 110 lbs||
Standard Poodle, Irish Setter, Greyhound
|Extra Tall Large||11" w x 27 1/2" h||13" w x 29 5/8" h||14 1/16" w x 30 9/16" h||25" - 31"||
Up to 10"
|Up to 120 lbs||
Afghan, Irish Wolfhound, Borzoi
|Extra Large||14" w x 19 1/2" h||16" w x 21 5/8" h||17 1/16" w x 22 9/16" h||22" - 24"||
Up to 13"
|Up to 120 lbs||
Rottweiler, Akita, Bulldog
|Extra Large Plus||14" w x 23 1/2" h||16" w x 25 5/8" h||17 1/16" w x 26 9/16" h||25" - 27"||
Up to 13"
|Up to 150 lbs||
St. Bernard, Newfoundland
|Giant||15 1/2" w x 27 1/2" h||17 5/8" w x 29 5/8" h||18 9/16" w x 30 9/16" h||25" - 31"||
Up to 14"
|Most Giant Breeds||
Great Dane, Mastiff, Great Pyrenees
Why Choose a Hale Pet Door:
- Durability - unlike cheaper plastic doors, Hale Pet Doors are built using extruded aluminum with steel reinforced corners making them stronger and more durable than others. The flaps are made using a high quilty PVC vinyl which outlasts cheaper altern
- Security & Safety - Each pet door comes with an impact and fire resistant polymer security cover to intruders out and your home safe and secure. The cover is secured directly to the frame preventing the lock from being opened from the outside (unlike other pet doors).
- Energy Efficient - Each panel is made from double-pane insulated glass. Ultra strong magnets, weather-resistant double flaps and all around nylon weather stripping provide industry-leading energy efficiency in the harshest hot and cold climates.
- Easy to Install/Remove - No drilling of holes or screwing is required making it perfect for renters and temporary applications.
- Warranty & Support - All Hale Pet Door include a comprehensive 5-Year "No-Fault" Warranty (see warranty info below). Experienced technicians are available to for consultation as needed to assist with installation.
- Made in the USA - All Hale Pet Doors are hand built in the USA to the highest quality standards and attention to detail.
Hale Pet Doors offers a 5-Year No Fault Warranty on all pet doors. Hale Pet Doors guarantees and warrants that products and component parts shall be free from any defects in material and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door models is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. Hale Pet Doors agrees to exchange or repair at the companies expense, any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to factory inspection. Some restrictions apply, please see complete Hale Pet Door Warranty for details.
PET DOOR SPECIFICATIONS:
Flaps: Double flaps (one flap on each frame) made of flexible 3/16” clear PVC vinyl.
Inner Frame: Inner frame made of two separate metal extrusions. Three sides entrap the security cover. Both metals are .063” wall thickness.
Outer Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063” wall thickness. Designed to sleeve into the inside frame.
Alnico5 Magnets: A ¼” rod magnet 1 ½” long made from an aluminum, nickel and cobalt alloy known for strength & durability. Door size determines number of magnets.
Strikes: Made of ferrous stainless steel. 1 ½” long, ¾” tall and 1/32” thick. U shaped with interior prongs, when squeezed onto the vinyl flap, the barbed prongs hold firmly.
Weather stripping: Flap is surrounded by ½” black nylon pile for maximum insulation. Nylon is woven into a backing 9/32” wide and 1/32” thick.
Security Cover: 1/4” thick King Starboard® polymer sheet. Extremely shock and impact resistant. Has a 3/8” diameter locking hole.
Cover Handle: A lightweight zinc alloy cabinet knob pull type handle in a satin nickel finish that is 25/32” wide, 19/32” tall and 53/64” deep with a 1/2” deep and 21/32” wide finger hole. It is attached to the cover with a 12 mm long zinc coated steel flat head Philips screw with a .70 thread size that is countersunk to prevent scratching the frame.
Pin Lock: A ¼” diameter positive action steel pin encased with 5/32” thick fabricated plated steel.
Frame: Designed to fit into a window track 7/8" or wider but can be factory modified to fit tracks as small as 1/2".
Adjusting Mechanism: Two 4" x 5/16-18" pan head bolts and four 5/16"-18" jam nuts. The top two nuts hold the bolts tightly. The bottom two nuts, when adjusted downward, effect an upward jackscrew type motion allowing the unit to be tightly secured within the window track without the use of screws.
Sliding Plate: 1/16" x 4 1/2" tall plate on both the inner and outer sides of the adjustment area, color coordinated to frame color. Plate can be lowered to make adjustment and raised to cover mechanism when adjustment is complete.
Omni Lock Bar: Fits behind sliding glass door to prevent opening. Manufactured to custom length for window width. The shortest effective lock bar length we can manufacture is 15".
Glass: Double pane 1/2" insulated tempered glass standard.
Pile Weather Stripping: Both side edges of window unit contain dense 5/16” gray nylon pile weather stripping. Nylon is woven into a .270 wide and 1/32” thick nylon backing.
No Metal Contact: Top and bottom edges are covered with 3/32" vinyl "booties" to provide cushioning and no metal to metal contact.
Vinyl Weather stripping: Unit also comes with extra length of 1 7/8” x 1/16” black vinyl weather stripping to attach to back edge of your window to prevent air leakage.
Hale Pet Doors Ship from Colorado via FedEx Ground
- Door and Wall models normally take 3-5 days to build and assemble for shipment.
- Transit time to you can be found using the map below.
We do our best to ship FAST and make it easy for you. At the top of this page, we have noted how long it normally takes to process and ship your order. You can then use the map above to estimate delivery times. We will send you an email confirmation with the tracking number as soon as your order ships
Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Things don't always work out, we get it. We'll do our very best to make your return simple and easy. Please email us and we'll provide all the return instructions for your specific item and an RMA number (required).
Please see our Return Policy for complete details.
Click below to download the Installation Manual
Omni Window Model - Installation Guide PDF
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Hale Pet Doors cost more than other brands?
Hale pet doors are made with the highest quality workmanship and of the finest materials available. We use only extruded aluminum framing, pvc vinyl flaps and King Starboard® security covers. Because these materials are superior, the pet doors are much heavier for greater strength and durability.
What is the difference between Single and Double flaps?
Double flap mounts increase resistance to extreme weather. These are great options for blazing summer and snowy winters. While a Hale single flap can do the job of some double flap models, the additional vinyl can safeguard from wind and single-digit temperatures.
Can I lock my pet door?
Absolutely. All of our pet doors (except the screen model) come standard with a King Starboard® security cover. Starboard is manufactured for marine applications and is virtually indestructible. This cover can be locked into place with our steel positive action pin lock to make your pet door virtually impregnable.
What prevents insects, rodents or other animals from getting inside?
Hale pet doors are designed to seal very tightly. We use heavy pile weather stripping and strong alnico magnets. Therefore, insects and small animals cannot push their way in through the pet door. Since the flaps are also sealed and do not hang open, larger animals do not see an opening to get started. Most animals need a little conditioning to get used to using a pet door and won’t push against something that isn’t already open. We recommend keeping all food and water away from the area of the pet door, either inside or outside the house, so unwanted animals are not even attracted to the area in the first place. If you have further security or animal intrusion concerns, we offer a full line of security products to complement our pet doors.
Can I add or remove magnets?
Yes, you can attach and remove magnets. Removing magnets makes it easier for smaller pets to push through. With a screwdriver head, you can push the magnets off the flap. Adding magnets is a great way to combat weather as well.
Do I install my pet door by myself?
With their self-framing design, our pet doors are designed to be extremely easy to install. If you have a basic working knowledge of power tools and home repairs, our doors can easily be installed in most applications by any do-it-yourselfer. We have also provided installation instructions for download on this website and we have experienced technicians available for free telephone consultation if desired. Of course, if you don’t want to install your own pet door, we have a large network of franchises and dealers across the country who would be happy to assist you. Feel free to contact us for a reference.
How do I install the carpet for this door?
First, measure and trim the carpet to match your tunnel's width. You can use common construction glue to keep the carpet in place. Then, you can apply the adhesive to firmly lock the carpet against the tunnel.
How do I adjust the tunnel sleeve length to fit my wall length?
The tunnel sleeve is made of aluminum, and will either be 10" or 16" in length. Once you measure the exact length of your wall, you will then have to cut the aluminum with metal snips according to size. You can discard the extra material